Followers

Friday 6 May 2011

Card for a teenager

Well it's a very long time since I was sixteen so I find it quite hard to do cards for teenagers. However, I was asked to do a 16th birthday card for a grandad to give to his granddaughter. I was really worried that what I came up with would disappoint so took ages trying to decide what to do. Anyway here is what I ended up with;





The stamp is from Bildmalarna's Little Winged Friends range, and is called you and me. It is available in the store  here..
The papers are Basic Grey - Cappella I think. I cut out her name on my Cricut along with the 16 on the front and inside the card, and distressed all the papers with Distress inks. The image itself is coloured with Aqua markers. The flowers and lace was from my stash.
I thought this was a nice card as not too babyish but representative of how a granddad always sees his granddaughter as a little girl.
I made a nice box for it to go in too.
Well I was still nervous about it but he was really pleased with it so I was chuffed with that in the end. I just hope Jessica liked it too ;o)
I hope you like it too.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful vintage looking card.I bet he was over the moon.His granddaughter will love it.Simply stunning.Love Debbie x

    ReplyDelete